We are always looking for original investigations! Here are some of the things we look for in pitches:
- un(der)reported issues
- in-depth investigations
- on the ground: you interview the affected populations and not just experts and politicians
- new angle: how is your story different from everything else that’s already been published about the topic?
- constructive articles including (possible) solutions from the country itself or similar situations elsewhere
- data-driven: include numbers that illustrate the extent and urgency of the issue you’re investigating
- cross-border stories have a special place on our hearts, so do send those along!
- investigative: if you got investigative skills, feel free to show them off
- unique and original reporting
- no breaking news
Major issues in Asia of global significance.
In-depth investigations and immersive multimedia storytelling.
Our stories are always the result of teamwork. You must be willing to work with the rest of the team to make your story even better. That includes a data journalist, illustrator, video editor, mapper and voice artist.
In the field usually a photographer and journalist conduct research together. And stories will be translated into multiple languages.
Verification is very important to us. A fact-checker and media lawyer will double check the story before publication.
Our mission is to report major issues in Asia of global significance. Things like genocide, climate change and disinformation. We don’t shy away from complexity and look for solutions.